I refuse to join Facebook, but I want to be able to share some of my adventures, so I thought I would try blogging. We will have to see how long this experiment lasts...

Note: Do not wait to be the last person to get a blog, all the good names are taken (especially if you have a common name like Sarah). I tried Sarah + variations of Trips, but it just looked like a stripper's page, sigh.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First Day of Work

Tuesday was our first day with our clients in their respective offices.  Padma and I were lucky enough to have Anna from ABV take us to our client site today.  The cab ride there is about 80 pesos or 2 US dollars and takes about 10 minutes.  We might even try to figure out a Jeepny route to work, but we will have to be careful with our work clothes. 

Our office is close to a mall with a lot of restaurants for lunch options, UNLESS you are a vegetarian.  My coworker went from restaurant to restaurant looking for vegetarian options until we gave up and ate at a bakery.  Filippino dishes seem to almost always have meat - chicken, seafood, beef, pork, etc....

It was a long day at the office, we actually had an interview at the client site with one of their vendors at 5 (which means he showed up at 5:30, per Filippino time).  We didn't get home until 6:30ish and I was exhausted.

It immediately started raining and some of the team ended up on the hotel patio for dinner rather than brave the rain looking for a hotel.  Here are some pictures of the team on the hotel patio and the rain, enjoy.

CSC Team on the Patio

Kriti, Christophe, Johan and Claire

     
Sarah and Kriti

Rain running off the patio roof

Add caption













My jet-lag is still improving, I stayed up until 10pm and was able to sleep until 5am (small victories).  I also got in touch with Brenda from my Women's Bible study back home - she is here in Davao studying midwifery.  We are trying to set up a time to meet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment