I refuse to join Facebook, but I want to be able to share some of my adventures, so I thought I would try blogging. We will have to see how long this experiment lasts...

Note: Do not wait to be the last person to get a blog, all the good names are taken (especially if you have a common name like Sarah). I tried Sarah + variations of Trips, but it just looked like a stripper's page, sigh.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Davao Arrival


Airport Greeting

We flew out of Manila early Sunday morning, landing in Davao less than 2 hours later.  It took 2 vans and another car to get the whole team and our luggage to the Hotel.  The hotel is much simpler than where we were staying in Manila - but the air conditioning works and the bed is really comfortable.  I even have a mini fridge if I want to buy some groceries.

Davao Hotel Room


Davao Hotel Bathroom

"Home" Office
Waya and Anna from ABV are still "minding" the team - which is great, we need restaurant and activity recommendations still.  We checked into our rooms, then Waya showed us the nearest area for food, banking and a local supermarket.  We had a team lunch then went back to the hotel to settle in. 

Some of the team went to Paradise Island, about a 15 minute boat ride away, while the rest got ready for our first day with the clients tomorrow.  I'm still pretty jet lagged, but it is getting better every day. I was fast asleep by 9pm and wide awake at 4:30 am this morning - it is getting a little closer to "normal" every day.

It did not even rain on our first day in Davao.

No comments:

Post a Comment