I refuse to join Facebook, but I want to be able to share some of my adventures, so I thought I would try blogging. We will have to see how long this experiment lasts...

Note: Do not wait to be the last person to get a blog, all the good names are taken (especially if you have a common name like Sarah). I tried Sarah + variations of Trips, but it just looked like a stripper's page, sigh.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Leaving Athens

Pottery in National Archaeological Museum
Today we slept in late again and enjoyed brunch at the hotel.  We rode one of the trolleys instead of the metro today, to see the city more.  We visited the National Archaeological Museum today, for hours.  The museum seems like just acres and acres of pottery, statues and jewelry.  There is even a small Egyptian section.  It was interesting to see the finds that have been recovered from shipwrecks.  


We tried to find a supermarket or grocery store to buy Greek candy and treats, but the only one nearby was closed.  We have to get up so early for our flight tomorrow, ugh, but at least it appears we aren't impacted by the Air France strike, whew.
Bronze Zeus
The best website I found for Athens museums and monuments was http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/1/eh10.jsp and ironically the best map for Athens we got in Rhodes!
Best Athens Map

No comments:

Post a Comment