I refuse to join Facebook, but I want to be able to share some of my adventures, so I thought I would try blogging. We will have to see how long this experiment lasts...

Note: Do not wait to be the last person to get a blog, all the good names are taken (especially if you have a common name like Sarah). I tried Sarah + variations of Trips, but it just looked like a stripper's page, sigh.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Athens

We had a lazy morning.  We slept in, had breakfast, then packed.  We took a few last pictures and then headed to the airport for Athens.  The Santorini airport is tiny and filled to the limit with tourists, nothing is on time, but everything works out.  We took a train into Athens and it was about a block and a half walk to the Hilton.  I am not impressed with the room, it is so tiny compared to the awesome rooms we have had so far.  The bathroom is nice and the beds seem really comfy, so there is that.  Our balcony looks at Mount Lycabettus.

We headed out to the Byzantine Museum, then grabbed dinner at a street cafe before finishing the day with the Benaki Museum.  Half of the pictures I took at the museums will mean nothing to me tomorrow, but there is so much history and art here.  The intricate jewelry pieces from ancient times were amazing.   My feet are so swollen from walking, but my blister has healed enough not to hurt, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment