I refuse to join Facebook, but I want to be able to share some of my adventures, so I thought I would try blogging. We will have to see how long this experiment lasts...

Note: Do not wait to be the last person to get a blog, all the good names are taken (especially if you have a common name like Sarah). I tried Sarah + variations of Trips, but it just looked like a stripper's page, sigh.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Starbucks Mugs

Those of you that know about my Starbucks mug "problem" will realize that this admission is the first potential step in my recovery - eh, probably not.
Starbucks has been selling location mugs for several years.  I began my collection in 2006-2007 when I was travelling for work to a lot of different client sites.  The mugs contain the location name, sometimes facts about the city or country or sometimes just a pretty picture of something the area is known for. 

I have over 30 mugs now from various US states, cities and countries I have visited.  They are double stacked in the cabinet and on top of the microwave.  We recently had an earthquake in the eastern US and I was worried first about my car being in a parking garage and secondly about my starbucks mugs tumbling to the floor - they survived, whew.

I often ask friends going places that I have been to before I started collecting these mugs to bring me back a mug - thank you for enabling me, I love you all for it.

So, I'm in Asia for the first time and I already have 2 new mugs.  Interestingly enough, Seoul will accept American money, but give you change in the local currency.  I made one of my teammates go to Starbucks with me in Manila to pick up a mug - the collection bug has not bit him (yet).

Davao does not have a mug yet, but Brenda has promised to keep an eye out and I have almost 2 years before she leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment